Fantastic opportunity to gain valuable industry experience in business and commercial law under the guidance of an experienced principal lawyer.
Biz Lawyers & Advisory is a boutique practice located in Martin Place, Sydney specialising in Property, Banking and Commercial Law.
The placement is for an unpaid PLT volunteer experience role, however meals and transport costs will be covered.
The role commences immediately and can be either full or part time, depending on the candidate. As part of the role, you will have the rare opportunity to work one-on-one with the Principal of the firm, and who has the following legal experiences:
- Legal Counsel for Harvey World Travel head office;
- Senior Lawyer at Clayton Utz; and
- Associate Director at ANZ.
The ideal candidate will have recently graduated with a law degree and will be looking to satisfy the PLT requirement. You will be a meticulous, hard-working, and a well-rounded individual who will gain practical experience, handling matters from start to finish.
We are looking for a candidate with an ability to work under pressure, excellent verbal and written communication skills, passion for law and willingness to learn and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and others.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking due diligence searches and reviewing documents.
- Researching and compiling articles on changes in law.
- Assisting in the drafting of contracts.
- Drafting advices and other correspondence.
- Various general office duties.
If you feel you are suitable for this role (minimum 3 days per week), please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PLT Position” in the subject line.